View post (What IS the difference)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/27/2002 11:30 pm
lol...
heh.. I know about differences in prices of material things like ceramic magnets(?)... what i dont understand, is why there is such a huge difference, the materials used as small... It's not like trying to biuld a guitar out of ONE piece of wood.. I asked about a piece of mapel big enough to make a guitar body in one piece (remeber this is cheap mapel), and it was £65!!!!! but if you made it from more than one piece (3 pieces infact) it would cost £20...
Is it anything to do with the "vintage is god" hysteria alot of guitarists suffer from?... heh... Seriously though, poeple are told the something is hand wound an immediatly assume it's higher quality... Ok, that may have been the case with crappy designs... Where the human could make judgements and fix problems, unlike a machine simply designed wrap wire.. but You give a machine a decent design and it wins hands down everytime... then again the labour costs on winding a pick up must be astronomical compared to the material costs...
then again it maybe supply and deman... We deman it... and then ask politly hoping that by being nice to shop owner he might give us 10% off (or easier to haggle at least)..