Adding extra EMG accessory pots. (wiring)

brutalchefmetal
brutalchefmetal
02/14/2011 5:26 am
Had a wiring question, but first I should explain what I am working with:

Ibanez S2170FW guitar, and I swapped the pickups with three EMG's. I have an 81X in the bridge, an SA-X Single Coil in the middle, and another EMG 81X in the rhythm position. In addition, I have purchased the 18v mod, and have it running at 18v instead of 9v. I have killer, brutal tone through my Mesa Boogie, but for fun I wanted to hear the difference, and this leads me to my question:

Can I add the PA2 Booster, the EXG Guitar Expander, and the ABCX EQ all together, in the same guitar? I had the tech at my local music store do all the wiring for the previous, but before I buy all these parts I want to also know if this has been done before, and if there is anything that could go wrong with wiring all these extra accessories together.

I understand that these pots have either knobs or a switch, and the guitar only has two drilled holes for the volume and tone. This may be obvious, but would I have to drill three extra holes for the knobs, or with the EXG could I put that under the plate in the back, and only have to drill two for the PA2 and the ABCX?

Thanks for your help,
Evan
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/17/2011 12:43 am
Hey Evan,

Great question about wiring. I wish I could help, but I haven't worked with those specific parts and can't be sure. Hopefully another user has and will be able to offer an answer.

If you decide in the future to try Full Access, we have a pro guitar tech in that forum that might be able to help. He can be reached in the Full Access thread called "Ask A Guitar Tech."

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.