Gibson les paul studio, or Epiphone les paul black beauty 3?

metal iz good
metal iz good
02/04/2011 9:09 pm
Hey guys,

Would you buy a Gibson les paul studio, or an Epiphone les paul black beauty 3?
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
02/05/2011 11:51 am
I test drove a LP Studio along with some others, I didn't personally like it. It was Ebony model; felt inferior. I tried the Epi LP Ultra, which I liked the feel of much better, so maybe the Epi BB, though I haven't tried that model.

Before you choose, try some PRS. That's what I ended up taking home that day. With a 1200 budget, research done, and several models to consider, I went shopping for a good "working" guitar. (ok, ok, another "working" guitar :rolleyes: ) What I ended up taking home that day was actually the PRS SE 25th anniversary model for only half of my budget. It was absolutely one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.

It has a vibrato, which I wasn't necessarily looking for, but that was the final hook for me. I couldn't make that guitar go out of tune. I didn't even change the strings, and this guitar stayed in perfect tune for hours (after stretching), and I was really *testing* it. ;)

Just a thought on the PRS. Back on topic, I would probably choose the Epi, which ever model you get.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
02/05/2011 12:32 pm
I had the exact same experience as Razbo; I tried some Gibsons which were almost double the price as the PRS SE Custom and of course I ended up taking the PRS home with me

but that doesn't mean the Gibson or Epi are inferior, it just points a big arrow towards the PRS saying 'Try it out! maybe you'll like it' ;)
= good music is good drinking =
# 3
metal iz good
metal iz good
02/08/2011 8:08 pm
Thanks guys! I'll check it out! I'll probably end up with the Epiphone because I absolutely loved the one I tried! :D
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.