Curious About The Lessons ( I am a beginner)

Bob618
Bob618
01/31/2011 4:22 am
i am wondering, when certain items are covered in a lesson, and I complete all but say one. Or more precisely I completed everything in the first part of the core lessons. Should i hang here until I am able to fluidly perform those two items or should i be moving on while i continue to work on the two items.

I can do an A Major chord, but not so easily or fluidly like the others ..
I have a lot of trouble with the B Major Chord, I have to really look at my hand and place the fingers but now i can do the stretch so that's an improvement, I guess.

Should I be waiting until i can just go to them as easy as i do the other chords - - without even looking, or like i said just move on as I work them.

Thank You in Advance
# 1
Lycaean
Lycaean
01/31/2011 5:02 am
I suggest that you move on to the next lesson; however, in your daily practice, always work on the chord/s that you are having difficulty with until you're able to do them perfectly!
Truth is, I myself had difficulty doing not only the B major chord but also the F major chord, up to this time. I always try my best to do it everyday! Using my electric guitar (because the fretboard is thinner and easier to fret) I could do them! But with the acoustic, I am still struggling.
Down the line, when you reach the "barre chords" lessons, you will have another chance to fret the F and B major chords, and they will be a bit easier to do than the open F and B major chords, believe me!
If you don't move on to the next lesson, you will be stuck with that part of the lesson, just because of the problematic B chord!!!
Good luck!!!
Lycaean
# 2
Bob618
Bob618
01/31/2011 5:49 am
Thanks and that is exactly what i was thinking myself - Thank You Again.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.