View post (1000 - You knew I'd do Something Like This)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/22/2002 11:55 pm
Well, what do I have to say for myself? What insights can I offer? How did I get here? Why shouldn't you stop reading now and go back to practicing? Well, let me try and sort this all out.

It's taken me two years to get here, which as message boards tend to go, is pretty slow. In that time I've seen people come and go, trollers and overzealous Metallica fans chased off, I remember 1000 posts in the Open Discussion area being a big deal, and I've seen the site grow. Two years, one thousand posts... Hell, there's some kid on Pantera's board with over 10,000 posts and he racked them up in about two months. But if you were to break down his posts I'm sure you'd find that none of them say much of anything. Now I don't have a whole lot to say either but atleast I take my time about it.

Yet I still can't seem to figure out what tone I should take here. I could say so many things with this one little wink of spotlight before things go back to normal discussion, the "OOoo 1000!" factor has worn off (like it's that big a deal in the first place). I could give shout outs too all who've helped me out but I'd forget people and that would suck. I could talk about how I got here (my friend and sometimes poster Atomic Mass Unit showed me a thread, and if I remember correctly I felt compelled to argue with somebody). I could talk about how excited I am to pick up my Sunn 1200s tomorow, I could share my thoughts on world politics or modern farming techniques and ethics. Should I thank everybody for their input and thoughts having such an impact on my life? Maybe it would be best to give suggestions to improve the site, or possibly offer up my wisdom on the "low tuned, often fewer stranged" member of the guitar family. But I'm not going to do any of that. Nope.

I'm going to plug my band.

The Bocce Wagon. We rock more than thou!
http://homepage.mac.com/macbooy/FileSharing1.html
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons