cab problems

DeanoCallus
DeanoCallus
01/28/2011 11:10 am
I just have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out when you have time to reply, i am suspecting my cab (marshall 1960a) is poorly. It was intermittently working. Similar to the sound of a faulty guitar cable when you wiggle it. After testing different cab and guitar cables and still having the same problem i tried my head with a different cab which worked fine. Upon trying my cab again the fuse on my amp blew. I'm guessing this was because the load had no (working) cab to go to. I took my fuse to maplins and they pointed out what i needed.

Question 1: Any idea what's wrong with my cab?
Question 2: My blown fuse has the markings "T2E" and the new ones have "T2L". Are the new ones safe to use?

Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Deano

edit: my amp is a marshall jcm2000 tsl100
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
01/28/2011 1:49 pm
Originally Posted by: DeanoCallus
Question 1: Any idea what's wrong with my cab?[/QUOTE]
I'd guess you have a bad wiring connection in your cab or the jack is faulty. You'll need to open it up and have a look. At worst, it'll cost $5 for a new jack, assuming you have basic soldering abilities.

[QUOTE=DeanoCallus]
Question 2: My blown fuse has the markings "T2E" and the new ones have "T2L". Are the new ones safe to use?

You should check your amplifier specifications to see what you can use. If you don;t have them, the website should.

Don't plug it in again until you get the cab fixed. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.