View post (Homework?)

View thread

Bob618
Bob618
01/28/2011 2:23 am
I am new - as in about 7 months of total guitar practice into it. I have been working with learn on your own at home books before starting here.
At that time I was practicing learning & fingering the chords. Then i work solely on switching chords - and I am still working on that.
I am doing scales -the C Major, D Major, F Major, A Major, E Major, G Major, and some of the relative Minors.
I am working on some strum pattern with a metronome using made up progressions just to practice the switching. I noticed after this much time that some of my hard switches are becoming fluid now like going from C Major to G Major to D Major To G Major and G7.

I do try to just play off some riffs that sound cool using the scales I am practicing .. just to get used to the sounds and yes it is all done in alternate picking.
Ido not think I am practicing correct either but I feel I am getting better in small steps and eventually I will get decent enough to play some songs - that is all I want out of it anyhow.
I would suggest you work on the chords & switching. Work on the scales and riffs, and work on playing strum patterns in time