New Workhorse

Willdridge
Willdridge
01/15/2011 9:05 pm
Hi guys,

My band recently decided to reform and we've started performing gigs again after a six year hiatus. Before now, my trusted Yahama Pacifica has been the perfect workhorse when gigging; however general wear-and-tear, as well as being well over a decade old, is beginning to take its toll.
I want to buy a new guitar. Obvisouly. the easiest solution would be to get another Pacifica, but I don't really want to have two guitars of the same make/model. I'd like to buy something different.

My band play a variety of styles, which is why I've always loved the versatility of the Pacifica. Everything from country, metal, blues to the latest pop-tunes. I'm after another guitar to meet those kinds of requirements.

My ideal budget is between £380 - £450 (approximately US $500 - $700), but I can stretch it for for the right guitar. I'm after an all rounder, something that's as comfortable playing jazz as it is metal. I need something that's versatile, but more importantly can hold up to a reasonably hard gigging routine. It doesn't need to be the greatest guitar in the world, just good enough in most areas and capable of lasting through reasonably long gigs (2-3 hours) without giving too many problems regarding tuning, reliability, etc.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys might have - thanks in advance,

Willdridge
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.