View post (Call me closed minded but...)

View thread

ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/25/2000 7:23 pm
Oh boy, where do I start?

1) It's great they're taking new directions - not weird. It's a natural thing for a good musician to do. They're probably a little bored with playing the same **** over and over. I am sometimes. Personally, I love his new album. Not just because it's by Vai, but because I actually love each song for what it is.

2) If all you want is fast stuff, stick with Alien Love Secrets and Surfing with the alien. There's more to 'shred' (I hate that term) and general guitar playing than speed....how many times has this been brought up around the world? I not trying to make it sound like you're totally criticizing him, but it sounds like it.

3)Don't go by what others say in magazines or on the net or whatever. Listen to it without any expectations or pre-judgements and determine what it is for yourself.

Sorry if I got a little rude, but I'm very defensive when it comes to Vai and Satch. I think everyone around here knows that. They are way ahead of their time.

[This message has been edited by ekstasis16 (edited 10-25-2000).]
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio