The similarities/differences btwn playing the guitar and sex

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/16/2002 12:06 pm
I'll never stop saying this:I love this forum
Chris,glad you like this thread.A lot of stuff to do with guitar is usually depressing.So posting something on the lighter side of life,I think,is not a bad thing.
I can't click back to check who was asking,but whoever was asking why I'd think about something like this,I already told you,dunno.It just went through my mind,and it occured to me there are guys here who could contribute,and see,I was right!
Icecream!Yummy!:D
Hurt backs-so my 'athleticism' wont fade away anytime soon,huh?Coool!I'm looking forward to the future.
keep posting!

[Edited by kingdavid on 02-16-2002 at 06:16 AM]
# 1
i.s.marshall
i.s.marshall
02/16/2002 6:43 pm
sorry guys but what a sad bunch tou all are. sex and guitars do not go together. unless you or your girl like to masturbate with one. the only thing i can say is you stroke one and you make love to the other. if you dont know which one to make love to. then post me a thread and i will come around and show your good lady what you have been doing wrong. as a point of interest i am sure that all the ladies know which is best. so i suggest that you all stick to one thing guys music . so rock on guys or is that c*ck on there is nothing similar one is great if you need to know which one go buy a banjo. by the way beanie babies at least get yourself a blow up doll,

[Edited by i.s.marshall on 02-16-2002 at 01:03 PM]
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/16/2002 7:04 pm
Some guys just have no sense of humour :rolleyes:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/18/2002 8:51 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Some guys just have no sense of humour :rolleyes:

Absolutely!
Who said sex and guitar go together anyway?You know they dont,thats why its funny comparing them!!Ever seen in pubs those comparisons btwn women and beer?That means women compare to booze,huh!?When someone cracks a joke and says your momma is so wrinkled,she screws her hat on,does that mean it's true?Don't be ridiculous!
And speaking of using your guitar to musturbate;the soundhole(the only hole)on my acoustic is about 10cm in diameter.And metal strings run over it.How would you use that to masturbate?
You(the guy who posted b4 lordathestrings)probably have more sorry than the rest of us combined.

[Edited by kingdavid on 02-18-2002 at 02:55 AM]
# 4
James8831
James8831
02/18/2002 11:46 am
A Woman is a unique individual - A guitar is made in a factory. Lighten up i.s.

:)
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 5
hotbeefinjection
hotbeefinjection
02/18/2002 3:19 pm
For me... My best playing and my best sexual performances are similar because they come about through a similar mental "zone". That zone is key. In the same way that you could blindly hit notes on a guitar, you could blindly poke at a womans loins. And you all should know the difference between an intricate soulfull solo, and a bunch of random notes, in the same way as you know (or should know) the difference between a random, drunken one nighter and the passionate lovemaking that occurs between you and your soulmate. if you dont know.... you ought to find out.

as for masturbating with your guitar... hmm... sounds promising given the right mood, and maybe some sexy lighting.
"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement" -swanson
# 6
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
02/18/2002 5:35 pm
i wonder if my goo might ruin the finish...
-Daniel
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/19/2002 1:15 am
Originally posted by friskynibbles
-Daniel
'nothing like what educatedfilm has offered to do with Raskolnikov's 5-string bass! :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/19/2002 4:13 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Originally posted by friskynibbles
-Daniel
'nothing like what educatedfilm has offered to do with Raskolnikov's 5-string bass! :p

Oh my... considering this thread and the threat, there are SO many angles that I could work this one with...
1). Ed doesn't really know it's a trap...
2). Maybe I like that kind of thing...
3). Just wait till I buy a 12 string bass!

And the more I think about it, the closer I come from getting myself banned. Sick minds rule.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 9
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/19/2002 1:20 pm
hehehe... i take it that amused you lord?... ooooh, a 12 string... seriously though, how are 12 string basses strung? are they simply 6 string bases with each string doubled?... or it is (this is what my friend told me) a four string where each string has been trippled? cos if it's the second how the hell are you suppoused to pick it up for a start? and wont it warp before you'r very eyes? or does it like have a metal "I -beam" to keep it straight?
sorry, just the mind boggles... I appologes for my odd behavour lately, I'm bored, and i've still not had any word from the universities (those Dastardly devils)... they're keeping me in suspence and i cant take it damn it...
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/20/2002 12:40 pm
Twelve string basses are indeed played (basicly) like a four string. I have yet to mess around with one, so I can't say how easy they are to play.

Also, double truss rods are fairly common with a lot of six and up string basses (Bill D ickens plays a nine string Conklin... disgusting, huh?).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.