RickBlacker would be proud....

samata
samata
10/30/2010 6:11 pm
Because I still have GAS.... lol

So, in the paltry 2 1/2 months I've been playing, I've accumulated 3 guitars. First, as a neophyte, I got an acoustic steel string Godin. Then, I realized that I really like Classical, and got a nice nylon classical Yamaha. Then, I got that upgraded Gibson electric....

Well, I hardly EVER played the electric. It just sat there, and I was in a "what's the point?" mode with it. BUUUUUT......I just bought a Digitech RP 250 multi effects box for it. ($50 on Craigslist!). Oh my! All of a sudden it's gone from "just a loud guitar" to a really, REALLY fun toy!! And, I think I've barely scratched the surface of what that box can do... :D

Okay....thanks for letting me share.... lol
Quickly advancing from inept to semi-ept
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
10/30/2010 6:35 pm
Oh hell yeah. You have to have at least 5K in toys to go along with your habit to make it worth while. :rolleyes:

I'm proud of you my young Padawan, but listen to your master when it comes to gear sluttn'. Don't get too caught up in it, which is so easy to do. I've blown many-O-many hours wasted gear sluttn' when I could have spent time practicing. That's not to say don't go out there and have fun... Just try to keep some perspective and keep it under control. :cool:
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
samata
samata
10/30/2010 6:41 pm
lol...

Yes, Master. You are wise. :)

Actually, I don't really have that over-powering desire to get gear. Which is good. Although, yesterday, I sold my Tenor Sax on Craigslist, and as she drove away, and I felt the pocket full of several hundred dollars CASH, one of my first thoughts WAS, "Hmmm....what do I need for guitar...? Maybe I'll just run by the guitar store and browse... " lol

(oh, and you want to hear something funny? The guy I bought the Digitech from said he didn't want to sell it, but when he told his wife that he wanted another guitar, her response was, "fine....what gear are you going to SELL to get the money for it?!?" rofl)
Quickly advancing from inept to semi-ept
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
10/30/2010 11:25 pm
Originally Posted by: samata
(oh, and you want to hear something funny? The guy I bought the Digitech from said he didn't want to sell it, but when he told his wife that he wanted another guitar, her response was, "fine....what gear are you going to SELL to get the money for it?!?" rofl)

Yep, have a similar story. Sold my wood planer so that I could buy my first guitar. Couple years later, I want to build a guitar and have no planer to get the wood to the thickness I need.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.