View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

stratman42
stratman42
02/18/2001 5:47 pm
Originally posted by LEEtheV
[/B]

*Put it this way....If Hetfield drops dead tomorrow, Metallica is history, NO doubt about it....But if Kirk leaves, he will be EASILY replaced.....Joe (What's his name) from the last OZZFEST would be a good start....

[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, you do have a point, although for a different reason than i think youre trying to make out. If Hetfield did leave Metallica they would drop dead - not only is he a guitarist, he is also a brilliant singer and songwriter, and is pretty much the essence of Metallica. However, Kirks style is also a big part of Metallica, and although there are many other speed metal players out there, if Hammet left he would be pretty hard to replace, and the band might still be "history" anyway, as he has been with them for so long. Okay maybe his styles are not quite as diverse as i firstsaid, but he is not quite the same as any other speed metal player. The only man i think could replace him is Dave Murray, but he would never leave Maiden.

However, you have reworked my opinion, and that may or may not be a good thing. The whole world may have been kept together by the beleifs i had about hammet which you have just shattered. You don't know what you're messing with here...:D
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D