View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/18/2001 2:57 am
Originally posted by stratman42
I have only read the first page of this (theres far too much) but Why the knickers has no-one voted for Hammet? Is it because he is still around? He knows many different styles, not just lightning solos.Listen to an early Metallica album and then one of their latest and unless you are deaf, biased or just plain thick you will see what i mean.

*You have GOT to be kidding !!!!! He knows NOTHING but speed riffs....He lacks style AND originality !!! Hetfield plays MUCH more tastefully than Hammet....Of course, Gilmour is the master of style...His leads build and display character and man o' man, when he soars, he leaves Hammet in the dust.....One more 7 minute Metallica ballad (They ALL sound the same) and I'm gonna puke.....give me Master of Puppets again anyday.....

Also Dave Murray and Adrian Smith from Iron maiden are good,

*I FULLY agree :)...

as is Dave Guilmour (Pink Floyd).

*Re-watch S&M and tell me that Hammet shows his own style...NOT !!!! Blackmore shows SOOOOOO much more taste....Also, are you gonna say that Hammet is in the same league as was Rhodes ? NOT !!!! For THAT matter, SRV showed WAAAAAAAY more taste than Kirky-boy.....SCHIT, I like CC from Poisen FAR more than I do Ham-bone....

*Put it this way....If Hetfield drops dead tomorrow, Metallica is history, NO doubt about it....But if Kirk leaves, he will be EASILY replaced.....Joe (What's his name) from the last OZZFEST would be a good start....

*Just my 2 cents worth......:D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D