View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/10/2001 3:56 am
Originally posted by RG Lloyd
I don't believe any of you really play guitar and appreciate the instrument.

*Oh, Really........(I guess for the last 28 years I've been just foolin' myself..)....Get real, dude.....I don't know how old you are, but if you're holding Slash up on a mantle, than itz safe to say I was writing tunes on my first POS guitar through a borrowed amp while you were still drooling....THE important part is that musucians play music, WHATEVER QUALITY OR EFFECT USED....You younger guitar players today like to talk about how "awesome" Hendrix and Page, etc.. were in their day and what heroes they were....Yuk, yuk....Half the time, their axes were outa tune and amps were smokin' on stage all the time.....To them it was simply playing music...It's just that the crowds kept getting larger and the cults were created.....RULE #1: MUSICIANS KEEP PLAYING MUSIC !!! (Your opinion of what is and what is not is noted....But that doesn't make it true...) .....BTW, I CAN assure you that the royalty checks I recieve are for real and you know what talks and what walks (After all, this IS a business)....'nuff said...The V has spoken......LAST NOTE: I saw Frank Zappa play in a Castle court-yard in west Germany in '82......There AIN'T nothin' else after that !

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-09-2001 at 11:19 PM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D