View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
10/02/2000 3:37 am
quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin:

That is where you get it wrong:
stairway to heaven's solo is a perfect harmony altough it is a 3 chords song, while in grunge (and mainly in metal and funk metal) the main idea is just to turn the distortion on and make noise... pearl jam, nirvana, limp bizkit , korn - i know all this are different styles but to me it's the same - bunch of guitarists without even good technique and knowledge in theory turns on the distortion and plays something....[/B]

Don't get on your high horse man, that poor technique poor theory knowledge distortion playing applies as well to page as it does to anybody else. I like his music, I'm not insulting him, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't look at music like its a competition. There's no music olympics, let guitar chick listen to what she likes to. You'd be pissed off at me if I told you that you should quit listening to that kid's music and listen to bebop instead because its more complex and its better music, and I would be completely out of line if I said that. Likewise it isn't fair to oversimplify and generalize about entire genres just because you don't like them, and you shouldn't get on her case for liking cobain just because you don't like his stuff (hey, I dont either, but that's just my personal taste.)