View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/18/2000 1:38 pm
loner, if you scroll up to your previous comment, you will see that you did say, or at least imply, that music needs to be complex to be good.

quote:
WTF?? Do you even play guitar? Those guys are terrible guitarists. You can learn their stuuf in less than a week (and that's assuming you've never picked up a guitar before). If you want to hear some real guitar music...

well, I think you've convinced me. i'll just go and throw out all my beatles records because i learned all their songs in a short period of time.
by the way, that (the quote which you see above) is the attitude i was referring to in my other post.

Barry, you call Cobain a moderately talented wannabe. who or what did he want to be? he copied no one, singlehandedly invented an entire genre of music which is imitated (unsuccessfully) to this day. and anyways, didn't you say that it didn't matter how much talent an artist has, as long as they have emotion? Cobain spoke to an entire generation in a language they understood, about things they cared about - not "i wanna hold your hand" garbage, but serious issues. How much more emotion did you want him to show? He lived the life we dream about - fame, fortune, family. But he still was so emotionally disturbed that he killed himself at the time when he should have been happiest.

I think erik said it best:

quote:
So at least show a little respect and try to find the good in all musicians.

sorry for the huge post.

------------------
ok, i'm not really the eggman

[This message has been edited by iamthe_eggman (edited 07-18-2000).]
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]