Anyone here Herd Of............

josh_underwood
josh_underwood
08/29/2000 8:17 pm
J.S.Bach. I Am Learning one Of His famous peices called "Prelude In D". I Love It!!! I Also Like Nicclo Paganini, After I Learn The Bach Song I'm Going to Learn One Of His Capprices. Any Suggestion. 1-24. Ha,Ha It's Funny to here a Heavy metal person Such As Me talk About classical music

------------------
Life is Hard......
BUT ITS EVEN HARDER IF YOUR STUPID
-------------------------

A Tout Le Monde
A Tout Mes Amis
Je Vous Aime
Je Dois Partir
(To All The World)
(To All My Friends)
(I Love You All)
(I Must Leave)
He's totaly Mad,Crazy,Loony Toony And Even Offty Mc.Goofty!!.... I LIKE HIM!!!!!

Have You Been Drinking??
Yes I Have, Ive Been Drinking From the Well Of Eternal Sadness.
ART THOU BETRAYING THE????!!! THY WILL PAYUS THY ULTIMATE PRICEUS!!! FOR THOU ARE THE GUITARUS WIZARDUS!!!!!
# 1
Tim
Tim
09/25/2000 8:27 pm
Yeah I've heard of bach, you ever heard of mozart, vavildi, beethoven? They are some great composers. I suggest the fith caprice and maybe the 16th. Also try some Mozart all of his are good to learn. As for bach ummmm.... give me some time I'll think of something.
# 2
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
09/25/2000 10:50 pm
First of all, it isn't funny at all to hear a metalhead talk about classical, lots of shred metal players play classical music. It's an 80s thing.
Anyway, try bach's 8th invention, playing that on guitar works great. As for paganini, the only caprice that (to me) sounds like more than an excercise is the 24th. It's very pretty, the rest are excercises. They are all good excercises, the fifth is great like somebody said.
Also, try learning rondo alla turca, its a piano piece, sounds wonderful on guitar.

# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/26/2000 7:12 pm
If anyone have some clasical stuff on tabs please share it! thanks!!
i heard smarth people saying that bach and barouqe music is the style that very influenced the rock music so it could be nice to play it
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
09/26/2000 8:33 pm
quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin:
i heard smarth people saying that bach and barouqe music is the style that very influenced the rock music so it could be nice to play it

I always thought that the connection was exagerated. I've never heard rock with any of the real stylistic characteristics, just the fact that they play diatonic scales instead of pentatonic, and that they play sixteenth notes. I've never heard bach rock that has the kind of melodic complexity that bach does.
Classical is great to play, try going to www.guitarnotes.com, clicking on their tab/transcriptions page, and going over to the Cs, they have a number of classical pages with lots of tabs.

# 5
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/29/2000 10:55 am
i'm not sure but i tnink that all the tapping stuff is influenced by this music...
someone once told me that in Deep Purple highwaystar the guitar solo is based on bach's music.. but i dunno if it's true anyway
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 6
LuigiCabrini
LuigiCabrini
09/30/2000 12:27 am
Oh they definitely listened to it, I think blackmore takes bach's fugue in Dm in one song and just plays it for his solo. I still think that the term "neoclassical" is very misleading, aside from the fact that it refers to a real style of 20th century music that occurred around the 1920s, and was popularized by people like Stravinksy, not Yngwie. All I'm saying is that it still takes more from led zeppelin/AC/DC than from J.S. Bach.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.