View post (JOAN JETT Part 2)

View thread

hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
04/09/2011 6:23 pm
I'd have been pissed off as well! After looking at your website there... all I have to ask is WTF?!? You all made it to various television shows LONG before Joan Jet EVER had any kind of fame! And not to mention.. you all were HOT!
You all rocked it with class and nothing was added to the music like crap that these people need today to make "Music". These voice synthesizers, computer generated effects and so on! I am ashamed that people couldn't or even WOULDN'T have taken your band much more seriously.
The 70s though was a different time for everything... music, equal rights, sexuality, drugs, and even the basic living standards. In order for you all to have gotten as far as you did was an amazing achievement as it was.. but to never have had the recognition for it today is heartbreaking since you are here and it's now on a personal level.
I am glad that I got to see what you achieved back when. I loved the tunes on fannyrocks.com and wished that I had known of your tunes when I was discovering what I liked back when.. (Sorry to make ya sound ancient.. I am 43 myself and was but only a child when you were out there doing that amazing stuff! So please don't take ANY kind of offense to the age thing!)
Thank you VERY much for coming out and voicing your anger over that article. I would have NEVER known! And I am glad you are here with us beginners to share your experiences!
Big Hug and Many Kisses!
Howard

PS Also Neal.. Thank you for taking that "First" out of that article.. you have corrected a MAJOR wrong for someone much more worthy...