View post (Buongiorno!)

View thread

sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
07/31/2010 8:34 am
Hey Dario,
Welcome to GT, you'll like it here. I'm mostly known for country, and bluegrass on here. I play many styles though, including some Django stuff. I never got to meet him, but I have an LP of him and the great Stephane Grapelli. I actually got to play "Minor Swing" with him at a party once. He and a fiddle player named Dr. Earl V. Spielman were good friends, and I played alot with Earl. We used to play at these parties all night with 60 - 2500 pickers, and we played many shows with a 5 or 6 piece band too. Earl said he was going to have a party, and we never knew who would show up. John Pell a teacher from Belmont in Nashville was a regular, and many other great players. In some cases it would be full bands, our group was called New River Band. Those sure were some great times, thanks for letting me relive that. Stephane stayed all night and played bluegrass with us, and of course we played swing too.

I actually learned about Django from Tony Rice, and then did a little studying about him. I'm glad you joined, and I'm hoping you'll let yourself play some bluegrass too. I recently got in from a show, just winding down and reliving a great memory thanks to you. I'll catch you on the boards, and hopefully we can chat about guitar pickers.