View post (Yngwie is a wannabe)

View thread

Zeppelin
Zeppelin
08/24/2000 7:43 pm
Well first of all , bofatron sofasaurus:
you're right 100% about it.i myself prefer to play the guitar and not to argue about people. It's just very sad that when i say to people in my age (im 16 by the way) i like deep purple they start laughing, like "they played 100 years ago..." and "do they have any good songs exept for smoke on the water?"
I'm just tired of people out there who locked up on one band, and wont open to others. that's why when people start to prove me that metallica is "the best band ever" , or yngwie is a great guitarist all i can say "listen to deep purple" i mean maybe they are "oldies", and gillan lost his voice but almost anything that people do today people like blackmore and page done 10-20 years before... So all can i say is that it's hard to be original 100% in music, and probably if you get to yngwie's level and being so famous, you have that something that makes you different from others, but before you laugh about the "oldies" listen to them... i'm sure that when you will , you will understand my point.

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek