View post (Yngwie is a wannabe)

View thread

Zeppelin
Zeppelin
08/24/2000 5:49 pm
Well fist of all: i dont have any sound clips, if i will have i will post one here , and the guy who said that i think i'm original - i'm not , and when i will be i will record myself for shore.. the guy who thinks he's original is yngwie...
Maybe yngwie has better vibrato than blackmore, or better technique, but it's like i will play ode to joy, but with little change and all of you will say i'm great guitarist... so ok i have good technique but i'm not original... it's not so hard to take other people songs and to change something and to say "Whow i'm good"
but the difference between great guitarists like blackmore , page , townshend and others is that they have written their stuff... they didnt just took someone's stuff and changed it a little bit... it's ok to be influenced by people you can't be good player if you are not listening to music and dont being influenced by it, but to be someone's clone is not such a good thing
P.S all the fans of metallica out there, who think that metallica is the best band ever:
you should listen to deep purple to...

[This message has been edited by Zeppelin (edited 08-24-2000).]
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek