View post (How do i get over it?)

View thread

ren
ren
07/26/2010 3:13 pm
You might also think about taking up another instrument or variation. I started playing classical, got bored and went to jazz.... got bored and went to full on shred. You might not spot it but there's some classical technique in my electric playing.

I also play bass, cello and piano - not as well as guitar but again they help me think differently. No musician repeats himself more than a guitar player - remember as well that in finding your 'voice' there will be a certain similarity to your playing. I also wouldn't spend any time considering your evolution as a player or being frustrated by it... play when it's fun and stop when it isn't, there's no point if it isn't fun.

As long as other people aren't bored of what you're playing you're ok, and if they are - buy some headphones :)

By the way, how much do you play each day and what do you play? Back when I was doing music exams I used to sit for hours and hours practicising endless scales in endless positions in every key, same with chords and arpeggios etc. Doing so added a somewhat robotic quality to my playing which took some time to 'correct'.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com