View post (Strobe tuner?)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
07/05/2010 9:49 pm
Interesting link, thanks for that.

What I am doing is eliminating my Digitech RP250 pedal. It has a perfectly fine tuner, but I want to get away from a buffered bypass as much as possible. So, part of my selection criteria (well the main thing besides reasonable cost) was True Bypass. I referenced the research I found here:
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/tuners.htm

I ended up choosing the Korg Pitchblack, which is TB at $85 CDN. Korg has a good rep in tuners and I personally had good experience with one. My first ever tuner was a Korg and still works after 26 years, although the string selection button is frigged up. (Yeah, we had to select each string at a time, there was no tone recognition back then :D ) I had purchased another one when the button got screwy (forget the brand) and the Korg was way more accurate.

The Peterson is reviewed as being not TB and it's also about $200, so that was out for me.

The TT didn't show up in that review, and frankly, I never bumped into it in any of the sales venues I checked. Otherwise, I was checking around just now, and it seems like it would have been a great contender. Looks like it's TB and the cost is about $129ish?

My only concern about the Pitchblack is it may not be the most robust. But I don't intend to be stomping it like an OD box either, so it should do me for a while. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.