Randy Rhoads

shredder_moon
shredder_moon
02/06/2002 12:30 am
Hey does anyone know what type of pickups Rhoads used and how did he play so fluid like was it in his technique or his pickups?
youve never been anything till youve been mooned!
# 1
Thomas Schellhous
Thomas Schellhous
02/06/2002 2:07 am
I am not sure what type of pickups Rhoads used, but he had a variety of guitars that he played. I have seen a lot of Randy Rhoads' live stuff (on tape), and I would say that it is his technique, not his equipment, that gave him the incredible fluidity and control. My friend bought a tape a while back of a public access show that someone had taped on their VCR about twenty years ago of Ozzy and Randy and their crew playing for some community music show. It was right after Blizzard of Ozz was released and it had interviews of Ozzy and Randy and live performances (in the tiny TV studio) of Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, and Suicide Solution (maybe others, it's been a while...). Randy was playing his white Les Paul through a Marshall heasd with 4 4x12 cabs (all white). It was very personal, had some great up close footage of Randy playing, and his technique was impeccable. So I think it was more than just his equipment.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.