JAG PANZER

stratman42
stratman42
02/05/2002 7:28 pm
Damn, ive been away for a bit....My PC refused to cooperate, but issok agin now.

Has anyone heard of a prog-metal group called Jag Panzer? I think theyre amazing...

Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 1

02/06/2002 5:20 pm

I've heard some clips of those guys.

Didn't they wrote Crusader.

I can't quite recall but I remember it was a good song.

I like that style of music but a little heavier.

Got any suggestions for songs of Jag Panzer?

I don't know if you've heard of Rhapsody but this band has a great style.
# 2
stratman42
stratman42
02/06/2002 6:08 pm
Ive only heard one album - Thane to the throne". Its a concept album based on the Shakespeare play Macbeth. Anything off that is amazing, but the album as a whole played through is an experience
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/07/2002 11:31 am
I´ve got two albums of jag and seem them live in Augsburg (germany) a few years ago. (The Fourth JUdgement and Thane to the Throne).

They (especially the last albums) are pretty good, but a little bit too progressive - or better - they focussed too much on progressivity (is that a word? *LOL*) and forgot to do some cool melodylines and refrains. However.

Crusader has been written by Saxon.

Rhapsody ROCK.. though they are starting to repeat themselves. BUt the best album was the Solo-project of the Rhapsody Guitarist Luca Turilli "Kings of the Nordic Twilight" - man that rocked!!!

I wonder if those bands are well known in america too.. i mean bands like Rhapsody, GammaRay, BlindGuardian, Haggard, etc..

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4

02/07/2002 6:03 pm
I'm from canada and live in a small town.

Here's me view of those bands.

You introduced me to haggard a couple of weeks ago and for that I thank you. I talked to a lot of people and no one had heard of them.

As far as Blind Guardian, Gamma RAy and other powermetal bands, I found that only a very small portion of people know about them. Helloween is a whole other story, they are way more popular.

I think the powermetal scene is not too bad in Montreal but that's a 5 hour drive from my home town.

I just discorvered Luca Turilli and you are right it's such a good album. It's a shame that the powermetal bands from Canada have a hard time to get noticed.

But I have to say that people from europe and around europe are more "advanced" regarding that particular style of music. You guys have more history, we are still a young country.

# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/07/2002 8:58 pm
A lil background history to Helloween and GammaRay:

In the beginning there were Kai Hansen (i had the great honor of meeting him in person a few times) and Piet Sielck who played in the band "Gentry" in 1979 (!).
Through the years they named their band "IRONFIST" which then featured Ingo Schwichtenberg (may he rest in peace) on drums and Markus Grosskopf on bass. Piet later left and became a sound engineer for bands such as Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Gamma Ray, and now has his own project....Iron Savior. Then came in Michael Weikath who left his band "POWERFOOL" for Kai's band. They then named the band "HELLOWEEN".......

In 1988 Kai left Helloween and founded the well known band "GammaRay"

;)

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6

02/07/2002 11:25 pm

Wow, meeting Kai Hansen. I bow to thee.

That must been so great.

Thanks for the history lesson. Never knew how they formed.

I have Unification from Iron Savior and it's really good. If anyone like this style I recommend it.

Piet Sielck has a very powerful, rich voice. I like his style.

Say Azrael, do you know the language used in Rannvelg-Lullaby from Luca Turilli.

# 7
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/08/2002 12:08 am
WHEEEE... how doth one activate thast easteregg?? Ive had no knowledge of that song up to now!! HELP!!

# 8

02/08/2002 1:14 am

I think it's an hidden song or on a special edition cd.

I'll get in touch.
# 9
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/08/2002 9:08 am
Ahhhhh!

Now i know what song you mean! My bad - the name of it confused me.. i never realized that this was a hidden song - it´s the last track on the limited edition digi-pack.
It´s that female singer solo-thingy, isn´t it?
ummm... what language...
good question....
*trying to do some research on that*

As soon as i have some info i´ll post it here ok?

Cheerz!

-=[Azrael]=-

# 10
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/08/2002 9:21 am
*finished research work*

Track 11:
"Dall'Opera Islandese: Rannveig Sif Sigurdardottir"

Sof?u unga astin min
uti regni? gr?tur.
Mamma geymir gullin ?in
gamlan legg og voluskrin.
Vi? skulum ekki vaka um dimmar n?tur.

?a? er margt sem myrkri? veit
minn er hugur ?rotinn.
oft eg svartan sandinn leit
svi? og gr?nan engireit.
I joklinum hljo?a dau?ar djupar sprungur.

Sof?u lengi sof?u rott
seint mun best a? vakna.
M??um kenna mun ?er fljott
me?an hallar degi skjott.
Mennirnir elska, missa, grata og sakna.

I bet it´s Islandic, but i´ve asked a friend of mine whos from norway.. he might know what language it is in.. i´m just waiting for a reply!

-=[Azrael]=-
(he who finds the answers *LOL*) ;)

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.