View post (scale box's)

View thread

dougjt
dougjt
05/07/2010 5:09 am
Thanks For reply's ,

I figured out why I didn't see the other scale exercises. I haven't gotten their yet. Not to mention my attention span for sitting here watching vids and reading is poor to say the least lol. I got hung up on ch. 8 of rock primer 1 the hook,and have just practiced what I know and played songs until I browsed around and found the minor pentatonic box exercises. when I played around with it and came up with some sappy bluesy sounding stuff I got a little fired up and been on a mission of working scales.
Chris I browsed thru the links U posted and it was what I was looking for. I'll think I'll jump ahead a bit and come back to the hook.
Oh ya I knew 3 of the major shapes and didn't know it. I have also realized that if I play an A natural minor starting on the 5 fret of the 6th string 3 notes per string, and not play the first 2 notes it becomes a C major (if I'm correct)

Quote:
Every scale works this way on the guitar.

Learn the fretboard shape and move it around to start the root note on all 12 musical alphabet letters (A - G#) and you can play all 12 major scales with the same shape. Or minor scales, pentatonic major, pentatonic minor, or harmonic minor, etc.

Make sense?
:Unquote

Yes It makes since I just forgot which 2 notes don't have a sharp. I should Probably print out a pic of a keyboard.