View post (Rate of decline)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/12/2002 9:32 am
Would you say improving technique is like riding a bike and you never really lose it once you work at it, or is it like an athlete who gets out of shape for a while and has to work hard to get back to it?

Well.. depends on the guitarist. Some seem to need no practice at all and others have to practive 24/7 to stay fit. Jeff Beck for example seems not to need any training at all for he´s known to leave YEARS between his productions wihtout practicing in between or going on tour.

But when he grabs his guitar again it is still amazing! he might not have the greatest technique, but he realy makes the guitar sing!

Myself for example is in between i used to play 3 hours a day in the beginning and now i play about 1 hour per day because i have learned to reduce it to the max. and i dont lose anything when i put the guit down for a few days (which i sometimes must do because i have a chronical tendinitis - not a real bad one - but every half year i have to take a short break).

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]