View post (Rate of decline)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/31/2002 1:11 am
I think it's all in your head Jame. However, from a natutal standpoint, I can't go longer than a week without picking up my guitar, and lately it's no longer than a few days. I think as the years go by, we feel that slowly our knowledge tends to escape us as we learn new stuff and become more lazy with lifes everyday rituals. Sometimes playing the guitar is no longer a carefree habit, sometimes we focus too much on theory and too much on whatever everyone else is doing that we simply forget what's most important to us. What's important is how we naturally feel.

As musicians, our creativity stems from our ability and our will to sound original, unlike anyone ese. To be honest, my life has been one whirl wind over the past few months, however I still find the time to practice and play guitar (which are obviously two different things.) But I never lose touch of what I truly want to accomplish with this instrument, and how I intend to communicate with others.

So, there really is guaranteed rate decline, basically we just have to try and hold omnto the same fire that we possessed the first day we picked up this instrument. And the rest should come naturally. :D

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."