View post (Every Wah but mine)

View thread

maser
maser
01/30/2002 11:12 am
Ok, I have been searching for the Wah tone I hear all over the place in Rock/Metal, etc. From Hammet to Via, but I cant find it. I actually use the same Wah that Hammet uses but the problem is, even w/ distorion/overdrive heavy gain...it still sounds like Im playing blues like Clapton or Vaughn. The volume and gain is lost as I go up, which doesn't seem to happen to the aforementioned players. I have personally been to several different tour concerts for Metallica in 90 and 97. At the 97 one I had front row(snake pit stage setup so there are 4 front rows) and I saw Hammet using the full range of his wah he had setup on stage, so I know it cant be a range issue. Im looking for the tone that can be found on the black album. But I just cant. I think I might start whining like a baby cause its so frustrating :)

Ive tried moving the wah before the gain, after the gain, and the next move is to the trash. Ive used every setting the thing has (Its a Crybaby 535Q) Annoying. Annoying. Can anyone maybe give me a hand!

Mai Zure - So overdriven, he sh*ts distortion