Sync drum machine with looper pedal

sssteve72
sssteve72
03/09/2010 10:11 pm
Hello everyone.

I am new here and am just picking up my guitar which I have not even played in 15 years so please forgive the newb question as I did a search but wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for and I never have messed with pedals beyond a single compressor pedal I already had. I looked at the BOSS pedal brochure but I wasn't quite sure it answered my question.

So I bought a Digitech RP255 multi-effect pedal because I wanted something to tinker with in my spare time and for $150 it was in my budget and seemed like alot of bang for my buck. It has a drum machine and a looper built-in which I can record whatever I was playing. But I do not see a way to play both the drum and loop of any particular rythym at the same time. Hopefully that sounds right as my terminology is poor.

I'm not playing on stage here just something to tinker with and play thru a pratice type amp. Right now I am just connected from guitar to RP255 to an amp.

So to my questions.

1) I am looking at how to put the drum machine together with the rythym loop(have them sync) and then be able to play over top at the same time.

2) Is it as simple as adding a Jam Man after the RP255 and into my amp? Although overkill I suppose can I take an RP155 for $99 and run from my RP 255 to the RP 155 and then to the amp? How do you sync them up? Trying to do that on the fly sounds a little tricky.

3) Can you run one multi-effect pedal into another? I see that it is fine running say a distortion into a chorus and so on but I don't see where someone uses a multi-effect then adds say a second multi-effect pedal together.
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/10/2010 12:49 pm
Try here:

http://www.digitech.com/

Click the forums link at the top of the page. As well as getting your questions answered, it is also a source of files to sound like different artist's set ups, etc.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
sssteve72
sssteve72
03/11/2010 2:12 am
Originally Posted by: RazboTry here:

http://www.digitech.com/

Click the forums link at the top of the page. As well as getting your questions answered, it is also a source of files to sound like different artist's set ups, etc.

Thank you Razbo I didn't even know they had a forum there.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.