View post (Underrated AND Overrated guitarists)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/06/2002 12:30 pm
"I'm no vegan I love cheese, especially the stuff with garlic in it. If you can write music so great that you can write off music Midnight ,echo or crushing day as cheese then I'm really impressed. Personally I rate sufing with the alien as one of the best albums I've ever heard.
Besides, the best thing about many B movies is the music, can't wait for the weepy endings , you know the heart warming father meets long lost son, alien erupts out of son's backside and showers everyone with deadly spore encounters.. Such Pathos."

Heh..lol... Midnight is OK, it's nothing amaizing (it reminds me of some of the dance/ trance music... and in my oppionion there's loads of solo guitar classical/ celtic stuff which a lot better) ... the album is definetly the worst thing I've heard (seriously)... I mean Stach is a great guitarist technically, but really he's got that talent where he can like write catchy mobile phone ring tones,nothing too deep... do you know what I mean?
There's no serious emotion on that album... I mean listen to "hope" by REM,, one of the best pieces of music I know, that's because it conveys emotion well (it's slow and not very technical)...
Secondly the reason I dont like b-movie music is it's predictability, and the fact it avoids putting anything new to you... and it lacks any feeling of sencerity or like this is due to a real experience (be it sad or happy)... it just has that horrible artificail taste with it... I mean if you wanna do something and get really fast at it and not convey any emotion, you may aswell take up basket weaving or touch typing...

That's all just my oppinion so dont lose anysleep over it...:)