recomended UK bands...

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
01/24/2002 9:42 am
I've relized that we get very few truely excellent american bands... I mean we get the main stream cack like Puddle of mud, staind, Nickel back etc etc.. It's ok, but it's nothing special... I mean the few excelent american bands that I know of are Pavement, Ten benson, Smog, folk implosion, At the drive-in, Blackalicious and a few others... as for Aussie and other bands I'll be honest and hold my hands up and say I'm pretty much an ignoramus...

So this got me thinking you probably have just heard stuff like Spice girls, and maybe Coldplay Gomez and RAdiohead (if your lucky, cos they're the few excellent bands that made it across)... so your missing the "mellow explosion" that's happening over here...
So here's some of my recomendations, I have put an example of a song for each band... just to help you out...

• Zero 7 : things I've seen.

• Straw : Moving to calafornia

• Elbow : Dont mix your drinks

• Mogwai :

• Super furry animals : If you dont want me to destroy you (or fire in my heart, or the man dont give a f-ck)

• Angelica : Why did you let my kitten die.

• Ed harcourt: something in my eye.(i've just relized he maybe american!)

• Swerve driver: Juggernaught Rides.

• James: laid or sit down

• Blue tones: slight return

• Low Gold: buity (sp) dies young

• Snow patrol: Educatedfilm by or one night is not enough or Starfighter piolot.

• Placebo: pure morning.

• Longpigs: blue skies.

• The music: take the long road and walk it.

• Gene: fill her up.

• Ballboy: I hate scotland (or Sex is boring).

• Arab strap: love detective.

• Inspiral carpets: I want you.

• Primal scream: Kill all hippies.

• please, if you download.. um... I mean, listen to some of these tracks tell me what you think... I think I may have gone too far with the list... anyway, just get anyone and you have my assurances it'll be good..:)

[Edited by educatedfilm on 01-24-2002 at 06:33 AM]
    # 1
    educatedfilm
    educatedfilm
    01/25/2002 9:47 am
    "If I wasn't engaged to marry a girl who's a total xenophobe, I'd probably be moving to London, Oxford or Stratford this July rather than Los Angeles, but well, she IS a total xenophobe. It took me almost two years to convince her to move to the western US (her family is tenth generation Massachusetts and don't you forget it!) "
    :D... I find this truely amusing... Aren't all you them- there Aam-eer-eecaaans forigners anyway ?...

Yeah... I try not to entertain the idea that the music there is more comercailly driven, cos the poeple i talk to in chat rooms name little heard of american band one after the other, only for me to find that they're probably the best thing for that genere for years (Smog, and Ten Benson)... but that may have something to do with the fact that chat rooms are alt. music..
    Poneyone: have you put your music up on-line? I'd like to hear some...
    # 2
    educatedfilm
    educatedfilm
    01/28/2002 6:21 pm
    This is really odd, your about same age as I am (18)... right, I'm to start taking lessons in driving soonish... i've little money, no job. but to be honest I'm ok with it, cos (oh here comes the chese) hope for the near future... I got nothing to do till mid september... So basically for the first time I got "space"... I'm originally a meditranain arab (libyan)... Good luck with the move..

I've got some stuff on line but you need to be a member of the bloody yahoo e-group.... actaully it's a little quite, and I want some one to work with... So join up.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Guitartricks

I think I've got three files up there... there's some stuff I've yet to record. I'm actaully working on an album... Maybe even try to get a signing on a label...

[Edited by educatedfilm on 01-28-2002 at 12:23 PM]
    # 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.