View post (Kit for Digital Recording)

View thread

friskynibbles
friskynibbles
01/24/2002 2:35 am
I understood about half of that. I'm stupid.
What I'm working on now is this -
I have a regular ol' guitar cable, then the end, it's cut off. know what i'm saying? and there's two sets of wires... one inside the first layer of (black) plastic, and another wound set inside the second layer of plastic (white). the last 'v' there represents the TWO wires inside. they're just plain ol' copper.
<==(||||]------------<
then i have a 3.5mm (the small head) jack which is also cut off. it has two 'sets' of wires... one for the left side of a headset, one for the right. and inside each of these, there is two wires. so there are a total of FOUR wires. two of them look like regular copper (one per set) and there is one each of reddish and greenish tinted. so-

__/ <-reddish wire
| \ <-copper wire _____<-outer wires large head
| _____}-----------------[||||)==>
|__/ <-reddish wire <- inner wires
| \ <-copper wire
|
[==> <- small (3.5mm) head

i haven't been able to pair them up in a way to create a connection. i also have an adapter, small head to large, and by sticking the INNER wires inside (where the small head would go) and grounding the OUTSIDE wires against the outside of the large head, I have been able to make a suitable connection. of course, this does not accomplish the large to small conversion that i want.

any suggestions? somebody must know. sorry for the bad pictures.

*shrug*