A good new thread?

nechako
nechako
01/28/2002 9:40 pm
Who was the original musician? Who owns all the rights to all music and is the most original and no one will ever be cooler than them? What a bunch of hooey. Clapton was a heroine addict when he said all those negative things at the begining of this thread, so of course he was negative. The 60 musicians learned and copied the 50's , the 50's the 20's and so on and so on. Look at megadeth hanger 18 and compare it to J.S. Bachs Tocatta unt Fugue, see any similarities. Bach was writting heavy metal riffs 300 years ago. Every word in the english language has been used by someone else over and over again, that doesn't mean you can't speek it and say something true from your experience. Trying to be the true original every time is just the ego leading you down the dead end. To be original just play what you play. Genetics proves that we are all different and original, playing what we play makes it original. "life is a big jigsaw puzzle, we are all cut from the same cardboard, we are all a distinct shape that only fits in one place to make the puzzle complete. No two patterns are the same, one just need be their own peice of the puzzle." Master Tzu.
# 1
GCharlotte22787
GCharlotte22787
01/28/2002 11:00 pm
Actually I think that Oasis will def be remembered. I read in my issue of guitar one that George Harrison said theyd b forgotten in 30 years, but i think that they are a great band with extreme talent.
~¤*§arah*¤~
# 2
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
01/28/2002 11:20 pm
I'm not so sure myself... They had an absoloutly massive album with "what's teh story morning glory", partly because of that fact it was a good album but also just because of the timing...
As for talent, very lacking (sorry, but that's the way I see it)... I relised this when I was about 16 when I started listening to the sex pistols, the kinks, some Beatles (although I've never truely "got" them) etc etc, they have imatated alot of stuff, and repited it.
for me their best song is super sonic (credit where credit is due), and they had one or two songs here an there... but most of their carrer is repition, and their songs are lyrically very weak (the only decent lyrics are for Cigarettes and alcohol, but they were a fluke, by noel's own admision, as Alan McGee pointed out the fact that there was a socail statement in there to him)...
And for the love of god why do they let Laim "sing"!!!? Noel's a better singer, and not so bloody irratating...

# 3
nechako
nechako
01/29/2002 12:21 am
If truth falls in the human condition does anyone here it? Or do most of them go back to chasing their own tails and sniffing at each other?
# 4
kingdavid
kingdavid
01/30/2002 3:35 pm
My dear nechako:
What is that in English?

# 5
nechako
nechako
01/30/2002 9:37 pm
Originally posted by kingdavid
My dear nechako:
What is that in English?
basically posers are but sniffers.
# 6
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
01/30/2002 11:41 pm
Originally posted by educatedfilm
I'm not so sure myself... They had an absoloutly massive album with "what's teh story morning glory", partly because of that fact it was a good album but also just because of the timing...
As for talent, very lacking (sorry, but that's the way I see it)... I relised this when I was about 16 when I started listening to the sex pistols, the kinks, some Beatles (although I've never truely "got" them) etc etc, they have imatated alot of stuff, and repited it.
for me their best song is super sonic (credit where credit is due), and they had one or two songs here an there... but most of their carrer is repition, and their songs are lyrically very weak (the only decent lyrics are for Cigarettes and alcohol, but they were a fluke, by noel's own admision, as Alan McGee pointed out the fact that there was a socail statement in there to him)...
And for the love of god why do they let Laim "sing"!!!? Noel's a better singer, and not so bloody irratating...

I know Noel recycles his material and uses others but he freely admits it. Takes for example Led Zeppelin. Most of their most famous songs were fully or partly other people songs that they claimed as their own.

As for lyrics, I think alot of Oasis lyrics are good, but bear in mind that he writes all the songs by himself, and he has released over a hundred songs and has over 50 more for the new album. He writes great melodies, riffs and choruses himself, that you can whistle which is sadly lacking in alot of music. I dunno thats your opinion this is mine. My advice is listen to Acquiesce and see if your opinion changes even slightly.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 7
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
01/31/2002 12:51 am
I have done, and I thought it was ok, gas panic was very good but murdered by laim's vioce at parts... I'm not denying that WTMG was good album, but the whole recycling and not really vernturing with their music... not as in that every album has to be different, but different from what's already there... It kinda kills it for me, and the fact that the lyrics (in general aer pretty poor)... They're not a DEFINING band, they dont do anything special (for me anyway)...
It's just my oppinion really... It aint gonna change thier popularity... or their music for that matter...Oh as for tunes you can whistel and humm along to... that's something completly differnt... I mean the tunes I humm or whistel area things like "dammit" by blink 182 etc etc... Out of Standing on the shoulders of gaints (a quote from Isacc newton.. showing how original oasis are!:) lol) I only really liked "who feels love"... and "sunday morning call" a little (although it had brillaint music the lyrics sounded like a 15year old trying to write something deep and meaningful that was above his level).... oh yeah and gas panic (again the lyrics!!!!)...
I dont know.... Sometimes they nearly pull it off, but dont which is really frustrating...
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/01/2002 3:57 am
Oasis has always found a way to leave a sour taste in my my mouth. I'm not sure if it's the arrogance or the lack of anything original though.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 9
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/01/2002 9:48 am
Originally posted by nechako
Originally posted by kingdavid
My dear nechako:
What is that in English?
basically posers are but sniffers.

O.K.
So you're a poet.
Bitte sprechen sie Englisch!
:-]
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.