View post (A good new thread?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
01/24/2002 9:13 am
there are someother genuis bands that I dont think did that whole transaltlantic thing... like JAMEs... fantastic band, fairly well know over here, but I dont think so in the Us (Check them out, get something like "Some times (lescter piggot)" or "laiD" or "sit down" etc etc).... Gomez is another one, but i thought they were fairly well known across the pond...
Greendays album "dookie" was a great album (regardless of the simple guitaring)....

RAge are pretty good... but they're too darn repetitive... I dont understand this thing about Zack's voice... The guy from the Beastie boys, the really high pitched one (is it mix master mike? the one who played the guitar in the old days).... Now he's annoying! I think's Zacks voice and "singing's" pretty good like on "guerilla radio" and "sleep now in the fire".... oh well that's just my oppinion anyway....

Ponyone: I've got "stuck on you"... um... it's good, but really i need more to form a proper oppinion of Failure... I must admit though, it does make me smile... Please dont think I'm slating them, cos I'm not, but lyrically they're a little lacking,I love imagery in songs (like "a girl in floral dress, face is real mess, she scribbles the words, she scrobbles my words, she scribbles the REAL words, but I'd rather these were not my words")... I dont know I need to hear more... It's difficult to have "angst" with harmonies and perfect guitar, and perfect vocal, and the catchy octavier doohikie (it's difficult to explain, have a listen to "burn it clean" by mudhoney)... So the jury is still out for the mo, but so far they're pretty good..