View post (Recording Software/Hardware)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
01/21/2010 5:48 am
Originally Posted by: kddean66Thanks for the reply. I just downloaded it last night, now I need to figure out how to use it. What interface do you use to record your guitar?

I also noticed that GC has Cakewalk for 49.95 right now. How does it compare to Reaper?

Looks cool.

I read a bit about it and did not see that it supported external plug ins. While, at the outset this probably isn't a big deal, you may want to expand your stuff later and if the app doesn't support it, your stuck. Granted, for only $50 bucks so not a huge deal.

Since I have a Mac, I have Garageband and it's great but ya gotta have a Mac to get it. Anyway, not the point, more that the software does support plug ins since the pre-loaded amps in the GB are ok but not great. I was able to get an external USB device (IK's Stealth Pedal) and much better quality of amp sims etc. I think the point is that if you find the amp sims in the Cakewalk stuff to your liking, you're good to go. Want to consider that before purchasing.

Also, you might want to consider getting the USB interface from Cakewalk too. It's made to work with the product and likely worth the $60 it costs. If you don't have a USB deal yet, worth thinking about.