Hello Everyone

REB64
Full Access
REB64
Full Access
01/14/2010 5:21 pm
After stumbling onto this website, I've picked up the guitar (again). For the past 25 yrs, I've tried the self taught method off and on. I would reach a point, get stuck, then lay the guitar down out of frustration. However, after a few weeks of checking this place out, I've paid for the lessons.

Really pleased at how the progression is going for the last two weeks. Have to admit, the B Major Chord has been a speed bump. Mr. Schlegel wasn't kidding when he said it was a bear. Any of you folks experience this?

Happy playing. -Eddie
# 1
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/15/2010 12:53 am
The B major chord is a bit of a tough one in the beginning yes for all of us. However, getting that chord down is essential. Reason being; that chord shape is a major barre chord shape. That shape can be moved all over the guitar neck and you will find yourself using that for the rest of your guitar playing life. Same applies for the F chord, as that is a major barre chord shape that you will encounter forever and onward. Most of the other chords in Guitar Fundamentals are open chords (C, G, Emi, etc.) Those can only be played in that position (pending the use of a capo), so give plenty of love to that B chord!

Welcome and best of luck on your journey! ;)
Douglas Showalter
# 2
happyjuicegirl
happyjuicegirl
01/15/2010 6:57 pm
I have only been playing for four months, and I'm struggling with B and F still. I am building up my dexterity slowly but surely, and hopefully soon the full chords will be at my fingertips, so to speak! Perseverance is key I guess! Its great to have the video lessons on here, because its much easier to remember what goes where when my mind has lost the plot!! :)
# 3
REB64
Full Access
REB64
Full Access
01/15/2010 8:55 pm
Thanks for the encouragement. Playing B Major on an accoustic has been challenging. I'll move on to GF 2 and practice B major everyday until it's mastered.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.