View post (fender bridge)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
01/12/2010 4:17 am
Originally Posted by: BrokenJerai have been considering changing the bridge on my fender. my fender came with a floating term which i have made flush. the problem is the inotation is slightly off and the bridge its self is a little low. i didnt really care for the floating bridge cause double stops and complex bends always sounded funny.

now my problem is i have no idea where to get a new one or even which one to get. allparts has fender bridges but i dont know if they a supposed to be floating or flush. i have also considered converting it to a hard tail (fender needs to sell more hard tails) but i dont reall want to ruin my strat.

some advice on this would be great. i am going to be doing a pickup upgrade very soon which i still dont know what im going to get for those but the bridge seems to be a very nice place to start.

thanks in advance.

Most any trem should retain it's ability with bends and double stops if the guitar is set up properly. Being both a person who has used a standard Fender trem and had guitar with floating Floyds and being a chronic double stop junky; if your guitar is set up right, you should have not problem.

Spending the cash on a proper set up and particularly on a 'springed' bridge will do wonders. Don't deconstruct your guitar when it's likely that all you need is the right guy to get the set up right.

My opinion, anyway.