View post (Best AC/DC album NOT named Back in Black?)

View thread

sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
01/09/2010 9:08 am
Hey All,
I've heard all their songs at one time or another, but the only album I have by them is "Back In Black". I've had a copy of this since high school, started with a cassette tape my 10th grade year.

That whole album is loaded with cool riffs, and a whole lot of technique too. The reason that album is so good, is because everything fits together. The licks are so tasteful, played with feeling, and energy that you can feel when you listen to it.

When I got my first distortion pedal, "Hells Bells" was the first thing I played. The solo on "You Shook Me All Night Long" is one of my faves to play. I always loved to catch the energy with a band too, especially when they knew it well. Everyone knew what it was as soon as I played that intro, and the crowd would go wild. I guess you could say we played a very aggressive version of it too, for some reason a fight broke out all but one time that we played it, lol.

Those were good times, and they're still great songs. "Back in Black" was another one the crowd knew as soon as we started it. I always had a blast playing those songs. I think "Back In Black" was their best album, and it's definitely my fave. Time to grab the guitar and play some AC/DC, catch you guys later.