Shecter Black Jack V1

WilCon
WilCon
01/03/2010 9:11 pm
This model has been replaced by the Black Jack ATX V1 I will note the differences.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5908/blackjackv1.jpg

Pricing: $699 to $799 where available. Amazon had a deal for $349 but limited quantity. (That is where I got mine)

Pros: Locking Tuners, Seymour Duncan SH-1 and Sh-4 pickups, finish is excellent, the fretboard come with a pre-worn look and it feels broken in as soon as you play. The hardware quality is excellent, especially compared to other guitars in the original price range. Lightweight with good balance and comfortable to sit or stand with. This is a long scale guitar (25.5) 24 fret.

Con: The recessed jack area isnot finished as nicely as the rest of the guitar.I realize not important but I would like to have seen it done. Not entirely sold on the painted neck but not a major issue. Hard to put down. (Only bad when you have something else to do.)

Summary: In conclusion, if you like a Flying V and want something a bit different, or in this reviewers opinion better quality for the price point, the Shecter Black Jack V1 is for you, great sound excellent material and hardware, not too mention stunning looking. The replacement Black Jack ATX V1 adds Seymour Duncan Blackouts and an Ebony Fretboard. I think the original V1 is more versatile.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.