View post (king of the blues)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
12/31/2009 5:55 am
when i first started playing i was really into things like metallica nirvana megadeth iron maiden things like that. but as ive grown as a player ive really got into the blues and classic rock. i get way more out a slow pink floyd solo or a nice bb knig riff than i do out of the speed style. ive really also started respecting groups like the beatles and alot of the jazz stuff ive been listening to (my teacher is really into jazz).

i guess my biggest concern isnt over what to play its just that i dont have any chops as a performer. ive played for small groups and even with a few different setups (entire bands to just drummers and bassist) but never really onstage or gig style. i think every guitar player i know has sat on at least one corner playing songs for spare change (i used to do it for money to buy new strings).

another problem i have is my lesson focus is really heavy on theory and less on application. i know how to play and i know im a pretty good guitar player but my brain gets in the way of where do i go from here.

ive got some time to think about it so no real rush right now.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.