View post (king of the blues)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
12/28/2009 6:06 am
i have been considering entering the guitar center king of the blues contest this year. ive been playing for a long while and know my way around but i dont really think i hav much chance of getting past the first round (just being realistic some of those guys are really awsome).

now my problem is i have no where where my focus should be right now. i have been working n a lot of beatles stuff lately, something, dear prudence, blackbird, happiness is a warm gun, to name a few. im not much of a beatles fan but i do love their creativity in writing.

so now for the questions
should i be working on my writing, my style or my technique? i do have a good idea of basic blues and even some advanced stuff, so should i be focused on getting better at my basics or learning how to add more flare to my style? what should i be writing? i generally write a few new chord progressions and maybe a few verses/chorus a week but nothing i really feel to great about (just basic stuff to help get my keys down), i dont sing (i have been asked not to anymore) does that even matter?

i have a million more questions but lets start there. im not even sure its on the right board (maybe song writing).

thanks
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.