New To The Site!

jvallone
jvallone
12/27/2009 9:42 pm
Hello all,
happy Holidays! My name is John and I come from a family of musicians. For some reason I didnt catch the music bug until just recently. I have never picked up a instrument of any kind in my life. I know I have a long road ahead of me but I am looking forward to learning guitar. I started Chris's fundamental's I, today and am eager to get to learning!

Anyways just wanted to say Hello to everyone and I hope everyone has a safe holiday and new years!
# 1
compart1
compart1
12/28/2009 2:42 am
Welcome to GT Jvallone..
Happy Holidays to you..
There's even thing here the rest of the family might learn..
# 2
frankht
frankht
12/28/2009 3:16 am
Welcome fellow Texan. I too come from a family of musicians but when I was young I didn't have the patience to sit and learn and then I became to busy. I have decided enough with the excuses and am making an attempt.

Good luck and welcome to the site. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the forums more than in the lessons. Oh well, it's all part of the learning process.
# 3
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2009 5:02 am
I am a firm believer that there is potential within all of us. It truly is just a matter of when you tap into it. If you come from a family of musicians, logic points that you will probably pick it up somewhat quickly; but that, like most things, is never a guarantee.

The key to success with anything I feel is to simply stay motivated and truly stay in love with the process of learning. I keep saying this over and over and over, but I have found it to be true. Listen to good music, keep yourself around other people/musicians that inspire you, and never stop learning. This can obtained sifting through the stress of life and again, you have it in your blood my friend.

Best of luck and keep us posted along the way. :rolleyes:
Douglas Showalter
# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/29/2009 2:45 am
Hi Jvallone,

Welcome to Guitar Tricks and to your guitar! Chris' Fundamentals Courses are a great place to start.

I'm also a big fan of beginners and have lots of beginner-friendly tutorials that might also be a good fit for you as you begin to learn the ropes.

Here's a listing:
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28291

Keep us posted - enjoy!
-Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.