View post (Building an electric guitar)

View thread

GuitardedGeezer
GuitardedGeezer
01/14/2010 10:51 pm
Okay, started on drilling holes and made a mistake. My little hand held Black & Decker with the built in fisheye levels just wasn't accurate enough to drill the six string holes. The holes are arranged in a V shape at the bottom of the pic, and they were not evenly spaced when they came out of the back of the body. So, I filled them in with sawdust and glue, then went to a friend's house and used his proper drill press. The pic shows the results so far. The six string holes are now perfectly symetrical on both sides of the body, and I went ahead and drilled out the two holes to mount the bridge onto, as well as holes for the switch and two pots clear through the body. Now that I have those all the way through, I've drawn the control cavity around them on the back. I'll route that out this weekend along with the humbucker cavities. I also drilled a couple of starter holes in the middle of the humbucker spots so I can get the router started easier. The further along I get the more excited I get. It all seems to be coming together really well, and my mistakes have been fairly easy to fix. I'll post more later.

GG