View post (Scotish bands... some of the most sincier and sweet bands i've heard...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/17/2002 12:45 am
Originally posted by educatedfilm
( Sum 41 ahem)...

::SMACK!::

They're Canadian, DILLWEED!

Ok, Beavis and Butthead impersonation out of the way...

Yeah, there's a big reason I don't listen to much radio, and that reason is that most of what the radio plays annoys the hell out of me.

Generally speaking, I have a nice collection of CDs that follow me around and over 1,100 mp3s on my computer that live on random play for when I'm home.

I suggest the following American bands: [u]The Refreshments[/u] (look for Nada, Banditos, Mekong, European Swallow, or Down Together), [u]Clutch[/u] (The Elephant Riders, Animal Farm, Texan Book of the Dead, Drink to the Dead (the demo version if possible), Big Fat Pig, Raised by Horses, Ship of Gold, The Dragonfly, Basket of Eggs, Rock and Roll Outlaw, Wishbone, or hmmm.... how's about A Shogun Named Markus), [u]Scissorfight[/u] (Balls Deep, or The Gibbetted Captain Kidd (if you can't get into their New Hampshire woodchuck (northern redneck) shtick, you'll never "get" these guys), [u]Rolling Buck 7[/u] (Love Dumpster, Box Car Jackson, The Hemsley Suffle), and if you're especially lucky (and these guys will be hard to find): [u]Bruce[/u] (The Pofis Shuffle or Prepare Me).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons