Hi all

TheGM
TheGM
10/14/2009 7:07 pm
Hi every one, my name is Ed and I am 52 years old and want to learn how to play guitar I guess I am in my mid life crises. I have a couple of guitars at home that have always sat in a closet and collected dust now is time to get them out and have some fun. I have look around at allot of sites on how to play the guitar. There are so many and hard to determine what is good and what is not. How does GT compare and is it money well invested. I am not sure where to start or where i am going to end up. But, I am looking forward to a fun ride along the way.
# 1
Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/14/2009 7:56 pm
I looked at a few but decided to check this place. I'm not going anywhere soon. I've learned a LOT here in 3 weeks.

Don't let the age thing worry you. I'm some older than you. :rolleyes: The good news is,if you have never played,you won't have any bad habits like me. :(

Sign up for full access for a month. If you don't like it,stop your membership. What a deal for only 12.95 a month. :cool:

Always capitalize "BLUES"

# 2
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
10/15/2009 1:48 pm
I too had looked around before I decided this was the best place. There is some good stuff out there but GT is the most organized. You can start in one place and follow a path that you should be on. You dont have to know anything about guitar to start here actually. If you start at fundamentals 1, it shows you how to hold the guitar and pick. It doesnt get more basic than that! From what I have read, there are quite a few members here who are older, just getting back to the guitar, or just starting it new. This is the place to be.....like Dirty Bill said....sign up and if you dont find it to be what you need to can cancel. But I doubt you will....
Enjoy and see you around the boards!
# 3
SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
10/16/2009 11:43 am
GT has a good feel to it and it offers loads of lessons. I'm working my way towards the end of Rock Primer 1 and enjoying it.

My main challenge is to keep on making progress as I've always had a tendency to veer off in the past. This site should keep me on track with all it has to offer.

Try the site out for a month at a time and see if you like it :)

You're a little younger than me but if you have the music in you it's never to late to get stuck in

Good luck Ed!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 4
Dazoo
Full Access
Dazoo
Full Access
10/17/2009 2:30 am
GT = Well worth the money :)

The lessons are awesome, and the people here in the forums offer a TON of great advice. Quite honestly, I think the biggest part that makes this place shine above the others, is the instructors do care! They answer posts, requests, questions, etc, not to mention that they are top notch artists.

Cheers!

Andy
It's better to regret something that you have done than something you haven't.
# 5
ksturgeon
ksturgeon
10/17/2009 2:10 pm
I'm glad to see that there are several others who are around my age and just starting. Good luck to all of you.
Ken Sturgeon
-------------
[SIZE="1"]Taylor 114ce
Gretsch G5120
[/SIZE]
# 6
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/17/2009 2:25 pm
Wow...At $12.95, I'd pay that just knowing that I'm the youngest guy in the group at 44!

:eek:

I think what you'll find is that folks at GT drink the GT Kool-Aid. It's a good program for folks that are just beginning, folks that have played for a while but neglected some skills or knowledge or even really good players that want to stretch in to different styles. It is really good stuff.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.