Minor disappointments from Wechter

g_erdner
g_erdner
10/06/2009 11:42 pm
I have long lusted after a Wechter Pathmaker. I really wanted one, because I like the hybrid concept of a single coil, and a piezo, and an internal dynamic mic. I thought that a Pathmaker, with the double cutaway body, Plek-Pro finishing on the frets, and that three-way pick-up system would be almost perfect. The only thing that would have made it even better would be a 12 string version.

Alas, they've switched to Fishman electronics. Don't get me wrong, the Fishman stuff is superior to the Artec parts they used to use. But, the triple pick-up versatility is gone. It's just really great piezo sound (which ain't a bad thing), but no easy switch over to a single-coil electric sound.

And, I wrote them about a 12 string version, and they have no plans for such a model, ever.
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/08/2009 5:29 pm
That's sad news. One problem with the way companies pursue wider markets is limiting of the number of options available, to keep costs under control.

I agree about the FIshman piezo. I have an old Washburn SBT-21 with a Fishman pup in the bridge saddle. It really sounds good.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.