View post (Getting into the Music Industry)

View thread

paddybodenham
paddybodenham
01/15/2002 10:08 am
Thanks for all your advice.

I've left school (didn't suit me, and I could't be bothered,) and am doing my own thing at the mo - practise on av. 5 hours per day etc etc. I'm actually coming to France in 3 days to work for a few months on a vineyard just south of Bordeaux. I figured that being at 17 with no qualifications as backup might be a problem, so am focusing on languages just in case - 3 months hard work, should get some French into my head! Then I'm going to head off into Salamanca, in Spain, and study some Spanish there. Still - I've got no idea how I'm going to live without my beloved guitar?!

I thought that might be a wise choice, considering that music is (as I have heard) often a very unstable profession. Yes - you are extremely lucky to have a stable life, all down to music! It sounds like you appreciate it as well!

I find I dont really have distinguished tastes in guitar music, you know. If I HAD to match myself to one type of thing I'd say Blues, but still - I play as much as I can across the spectrum from Blues to Rock to Punk to Abstract wierd stuff and effects, to Satch, etc etc... I love it all. The only thing I've never mastered of course, is Jazz. That takes real skill... years of it. Not for me just yet I'm thinking ;)

Take care.