Thanks Guys ;)
Rock N Roll Baby
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
09/17/2009 10:44 am
I was thinking about getting a Spider practice amp..I'm sure it sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOuNyBEayP0
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
09/17/2009 9:45 pm
Hi Neal thanks for the link I Have my amp now very nice tons of stuff on it
still working it all out let you know later
but WOW :D
Rock N Roll Baby
# 3
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
09/17/2009 10:41 pm
I don't have that amp but I have heard tons of great things about them.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 4
Dazoo
Full Access
Dazoo
Full Access
09/18/2009 12:54 am
I have one and love it! As a beginner, I am certainly glad I spent the little bit extra on this amp from the get go. I was looking at a few others, but then when factoring in adding all the effects that you can play around with, I think it was a huge bargain. It is almost a bit too much at first. I spent a nice long rainy weekend with it (well, that was when it did rain in Wisconsin) to get to know it and all its settings.

I would recommend getting one of the pedals with it as well, either the express or short board. As well as getting a cheap memory card for it. You'll need that for when they have firmware updates, or if you want a bit more of recording time.

The only complaint that I do have with it is the size of the digital display. Could be bigger, but then again it's a friggin amp, not a laptop! ;-)
It's better to regret something that you have done than something you haven't.
# 5
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/18/2009 1:36 am
Does Line6 have a USB out on this amp like they do their PODs? Nice thing about their PODs is that you can use GearBox to control the bean rather than having to use the little display.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 6
Infinite-T
Full Access
Infinite-T
Full Access
09/18/2009 2:07 am
Hi, I have a Spider Jam that I have been using now for a few months. I wrote a review on it in the gear review section of these forums.
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29726

A few things I would add now that I have used it for a while is:

I am an oldschooler when it comes to tone. I LOVE LOVE the tube amp sound and clarity. The Spider Jam is ALL digital. Altho many of the effects and stuff sound fairly decent, i could not get a statisfactory vintage tube sound from it. No substitute for the real thing for me.

Secondly, there are massive amounts of options, settings, etc to fiddle with. You can spend hours dialing in the sound you want.. luckily, you can save your own settings. If you are a plug in and go kinda person, it can be a little frustrating.

Lastly, it has this setting called a gate. In my opinion it serves no good purpose ,except annoying me. When on, it cuts your tone off in the beggining and end. Insted of a nice DDDDIIIIIIIiiiiinnnnnngggggg, you get hIIIIIIIiiing///. It sounds so terrible IMO and have found no isntance it sounded good. For some reason it turns itself on every time i start up the amp, and i have to scroll thru menues to turn it off. I have disabled it in the "startup menue" but it still comes on, and does it every time I switch the preset tones.

Line6 customer Service is laughable. They do NOT answere your questions. Instead, you sign up for a "Help forum" and ask your question. Other forum members chime in with there ideas, helpful sometimes, but you never get a real answer from the horses mouth.

These are all my just my opinions. I am an oldschool player, i like to plug in, turn it up to 11 and just play. BUT the jam tracks, drum machine, tuner and stuff are all awesome for practing scales, licks, and speed building. I use it for practice in that respect, but when I play for pleasure, or jam with friends, I use my Vox AC4TV.

As always, try before you buy. It may fit your style perfectly!
# 7
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
09/18/2009 9:10 am
Hi Guys :cool:
Thanks for all the info
I am getting it sorted now and think it's a hell of a good amp
very glad I bought it now
There is a whole bag of tricks in there, the more you work at it the better it gets.
Sorry there is no USB slot on it but there is a SD card slot you can use on the computer to update firmware and updates etc :confused:

Go ta go cant leave the bloody thing alone :D
Rock N Roll Baby
# 8
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
09/18/2009 9:18 am
Hi Guys :cool:
Thanks for all the info
I am getting it sorted now and think it's a hell of a good amp
very glad I bought it now
There is a whole bag of tricks in there, the more you work at it the better it gets.
Sorry there is no USB slot on it but there is a SD card slot you can use on the computer to update firmware and updates etc :confused:

By the way I saw a guy saying he was in his 40s and was he passed it
Well I am 70 years young and still gigging but only at our Church as I am a little ripe now. I Play Shadows a little Blues and some Country.
God knows what they will think of this Amp :eek:

Go ta go cant leave the bloody thing alone :D
Rock N Roll Baby
# 9
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
09/18/2009 11:11 am
Originally Posted by: Gibson 335
Well I am 70 years young and still gigging but only at our Church as I am a little ripe now. I Play Shadows a little Blues and some Country.
God knows what they will think of this Amp

Hee hee! I am picturing you setting up on the church stage, calmly firing up your Line 6, setting it to "Deth Metal" and letting rip! :D
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 10
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
09/19/2009 6:32 am
Yuo know that thought has crossed my mind a few times ;)
Like a little intro to smoke on the water :)
Rock N Roll Baby
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.