Geocities closing.

RobSm
RobSm
09/04/2009 4:56 am
Hi Team.
I've been reading not writing...still lurking..

Anyway Geocities is closing and Webring is now hosting my Build blog here:

http://shout.webring.com/people/tf/fanlee/Parallel_Projects.htm

I'm staining a second SG at the moment. Can't stop myself..:o)

Rob.
Robbo
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/04/2009 5:34 am
Rob, old son! Good to hear form you!

New addie bookmarked as a valuable resource. Thanks!

Another SG? Its not like you stuffed the first one? Second-guessing yourself? :p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
RobSm
RobSm
09/04/2009 10:32 pm
Hi Lats..The Rocky Mountaineer schedulers cost you a beer (or two). The plug was pulled on our Vancouver-Calgary trip & we have to go to Jasper to Edmonton.ahh well...I'll miss the Ice fishing season too.

Anyway a tech tip to stay on topic.

I discovered that my water soluble dye had lifted some of my water soluble filler...duh..really..The remedy..about a teaspoonful of talc in a shellac suspension. A number of fairly thin local applications and the cracks are filled with no loss of colour..and importantly compatibilty with the clear coats to follow.

It beats stripping & starting again I can tell you.

Learning all the time :D
Robbo
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/05/2009 12:41 am
My parents rode the Rocky Mountaineer last summer, and they loved it!

Well, until they got to Calgary, that is. The Palliser Hotel is one of the old CN hotels, built above the train station. Their baggage was supposed to be brought up to their room from the train while they had dinner in the restaurant, but they were surprised to discover just one suitcase in their room when they arrived. Sure 'nuff, a few minutes later a bellhop showed up with the rest of their stuff, and his hand out for a tip. Not classy. At all. :p

The trip through the mountains was fantastic, though. You get to see scenery that can't be viewed from the highways. And its nice to be able to sit and watch without worrying about keeping your car between the ditches, or wondering if the other drivers are paying due attention.

Edmonton is a pretty city, especially along the river. And the glacier at Jasper is something you should definitely take a look at. There are special tours that take people out on the ice, regular as clockwork. 'Touristy' yes, but still worthwhile. Note the markers that trace the receding edge of the glacier. That's a huge mass of ice, and its been melting since long before Al Gore decided to make a buck off global warming.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.